My favorite thing happening in the Kolb/Vick QB debate is listening to people compare Kevin Kolb to Aaron Rodgers. It’s hilarious. Especially when you could just as easily compare him to Matt Moore. The refreshing thing is I’m hearing more and more people is that are in my camp, the one that thinks they can play Kolb until soccer is king and he’s not going to win in this league. The real haters like to point to the famous career of one Bobby Hoying. A Madden legend, and the poster boy for college QBs from good programs with horrid arms. Steve Walsh, I’m looking at you, kid.
Anyway, Hoying burst onto the scene with 4 TD passes in a win over Cincinnati on November 30th, 1997. It wasn’t the best of times here in Philly and Hoying was a refreshing face. A savior, even. The next week he threw 3 picks, but was still “given the keys” (my hated sports cliche of the week) for the 1998 season. The experiment fizzled out pretty quickly. Hoying bottomed out in a 34-0 loss to Dallas. He went 13 of 39 for 124 yards and threw two picks. Hoying’s miss as the next great Eagles QB eventually opened the door for Don McNabb to arrive, so maybe this Kolb thing can have some type of happy ending.
- Eli Fellates Men for Grocery Tickets 2-0
- Team Motorboat 2-0
- The Slop Jocks 2-0
- Kraft 1-1
- Team Horseface 1-1
- Dan 0-2
- Neckbeards and Codeine 0-2
- BK 0-2
Week Three Draft Order:
Week Three Match-Ups:
- BK (Garrard & Henne) vs. Dan (Sanchez & Bradford)
- Kraft (Gradkowski & Anderson) vs. Team Horseface (Clausen & Young)
- The Slop Jocks (Wallace & Hasselbeck) vs. Neckbeards and Codeine (Freeman & Batch)
- Team Motorboat (Fitzpatrick and Cutler) vs. Eli S’s D for Food Stamps (Hill & Cassell)