It’s hard for rookie QBs to go under the radar in D.A. Fantasy Football. By nature they are targets of greedy D.A. GMs, but somehow E.J. Manuel has kept a fairly low profile. There were some injuries, and when Manuel was on the field he didn’t do the type of volume you’d like to see in a D.A. QB. Then Sunday happened. Stars align, a young QB finds his rhythm and we get 48 glorious D.A. points.
Manuel chucked 4 INTs on Sunday against that rabid Tampa Bay secondary, but that was just the beginning. He was sacked seven times. He went 18/33. He was somehow out-played by Mike Glennon who threw for 90 yards. It was a breakout performance, right on the verge of the D.A. Playoffs.
Final D.A. Standings:
- Fake Chow, 9-5 (231.75 points)
- Doubleback Vineyards, 7-6-1 (297.25 points)
- D.A.iry Queen, INC, 7-6-1 (255 points)
- Eli Esses D, 7-7 (297.25 points)
- Happy Valley Tickle Monsters, 7-7 ( 280 points)
- Team Horse Face, 7-7 (182.75 points)
- Tampa Ticklesh*ts, 6-7-1 (244.5 points)
- Carlos Danger, 4-9-1 (112.5 points)
This was the most competitive D.A. year to date and things came down to tie-breakers and the final week. The first actual tie in D.A. History occurred, pushing two teams to 7-6-1 just ahead of the playoff scrum at an even .500. We also had two teams tie for the overall points total for the season–another suspected impossibility. So, crazy D.A. stuff, congrats to the teams making the playoffs and thanks to everyone for taking the time to play–I know you all like to represent having very busy lives.
Super Quick Summaries:
Fake Chow Knocks Out Team Horse Face, 46.75 to (-14.25)
End of a long fall for last year’s champ who was sent home for the year by Jason Campbell’s monster yardage day in New England. Fake Chow rides Mike Glennon to the regular season crown.
Happy Valley Tickle Monsters Crush Carlos Danger, 64 to (-34.75)
Big week for HVTM thanks to EJ Manuel, but couldn’t quite make up enough ground.
Tampa Ticklesh*ts Gets Past Eli Esses D, 54 to (-10).
Nice finish to the season for Tampa thanks to Kellen Clemens’ gem against Arizona. Eli flirted with disaster, but had the point cushion to survive.
Doubleback Vineyards and D.A.iry Q. INC, TIE 20-20.
I couldn’t believe it myself, checked it a dozen times. Matt Flynn (1) and Kase Ceenum (19) vs. Ryan Tannehill (3) and Colin Kaepernick (17). First time for everything.
1. Fake Chow
- 9-5 Regular Season Record
- 35-21 All-Time D.A. Record
- 2012, 2013 D.A. Regular Season Champion
- 2010 D.A. Finalist
- 3rd Playoff Appearance
- One Week High Score–80 points
- One Week Low Score–(-33 points)
2. Doubleback Vineyards
- 7-6-1 Regular Season Record
- 14-13-1 All-Time D.A. Record
- Led League with 297.25 points (All-Time Record, Kraft, 436 points)
- 2nd Playoff Appearance
- One Week High Score–47.75 points
- One Week Low Score–(-56.5 points)
3. D.A.iry Queen, INC
- Inaugural D.A. Season
- 7-6-1 D.A. Record
- 1st D.A. Playoff Appearance
- One Week High Score–56 points
- One Week Low Score–(-16.5 points)
4. Eli Esses D
- 7-7 Regular Season Record
- 24-32 All-Time D.A. Record
- 2011 D.A. Football Champion
- 2nd Playoff Appearance
- Led League with 297.25 Points
- One Week High Sc0re–85 points
- One Week Low Score–(-57 points)
Semi-Final Matchups and Draft Order: TBD.